Innovative and with a global reputation
DFL Sports Enterprises provides international broadcasters of the Bundesliga with exciting Bundesliga games in high definition, as well as a range of additional content including preview shows, highlights shows, digital clips and trailers.
It focuses its marketing efforts on Bundesliga and Bundesliga 2 matches, gaining fans around the world with the highest average number of goals in all the major European leagues, an attractive style of play and a unique atmosphere. DFL SE presents the ‘Bundesliga Experience’ to TV partners and viewers worldwide in the form of a well-produced and diverse international product portfolio.
The Audiovisual Rights business area of the DFL is responsible for the international product portfolio, which includes, among other formats:
- All 306 Bundesliga matches with English commentary and international live graphics in HD
- A weekly Bundesliga preview show with extended interviews, up-to-the-minute reports and behind-the-scenes information
- Two international highlights shows on every matchday
- Match day interviews for all matches and an interview of the month with selected Bundesliga stars
- A multitude of Bundesliga Special Shows each season focusing on players, clubs and current topics
- Top match promotion clips for every matchday
- Digital highlights clips for every game and as matchday round-up
- Playoff matches between the 16th-placed team in the first division and the third-placed team in the second division, as well as the 16th-placed team in the second division and the third-placed team in the third division
- One Supercup game between the German champions and the DFB Cup winners
- Content from the biggest digital football archive in the world with more than 45,000 hours of original Bundesliga content from 1963 onwards
Sportcast: High Quality Production
High Quality Production
Sportcast, a fully-owned DFL subsidiary formed in 2006, provides the basic signal for all 612 Bundesliga and Bundesliga 2 matches. DFL Sports Enterprises and Sportcast work together closely to meet the needs of broadcast partners, with all the matches distributed via satellite. Sportcast offers a high-quality live production and distribution service developed in-house for international broadcasters and supported by a comprehensive Customer Service Tool.
State of the Art: Customer Service Tool
Customer Service Tool
A central online platform, called Customer Service Tool (CST), has been created to service customers needs, grouping all relevant functions and information for international licensees. Services such as equipped commentator positions, accreditations, playouts or recordings can all be booked directly from the website.
The CST publishes Bundesliga fixtures and provides reliable information on broadcast times, deadlines and satellite data. The CST also offers access to current match day information such as scripts or rundowns for the preview, highlight and special shows.